Monday 21 August 2017

MetalMania v0.3 Release!

Its finally here! The release for v0.3 is uploaded and available for public download over on my Itch.io page! If you're interested then I'd love for you to go check it out!

This release seemed to take a while to put out, but I think that was down to it happening at a very busy time for me. Also reworking the entirety of how weapons work for the 3rd time. This time they work like a charm for the most part, I promise. Since they no longer use Lerps to rotate or move, weapon objects will no longer force themselves into that lerping position, even if say a wall is in the way, causing them to clip through. Now they work through Unity's hinge joint and rigidbody system, meaning not only do they rotate realistically, they also stop upon hitting solid objects and can move things lighter than them, etc. Using these components also means I can create scripts that affect the values directly, making the disparity been spinner weapons and axe weapons much greater with different behaviours such as velocity of the gyroscopic effect and an axes firing force.

I have also made some changes to the appearance of the game, removing most things that directly reference Robot Wars as a branding, as of course, I do not own this and do not wish to invoke the wrath of the copyright holders! This is a fun fan game I am making to further my game development skills while also sharing what I've done with the community.

Now v0.3 is finally out and the weapons behave normally, I can focus on the next game mode, another 2 robots and whatever other quality of life or bug fixes need doing... Next up I want to implement a 2 player battle mode! Wish me luck....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment