Tuesday 18 July 2017

Developer Update!

It sure has been a while since my last post, if anyone reading this with news regarding MetalMania, I am sorry to not have updated it sooner! Development is coming along nicely, even if it is a little slow, but that is mainly down to me trying to get a job!

The Gauntlet Arena is all finished and implemented into the game, so the next playable build should have it included. It also includes a few more physic based elements such as breakable glass, moving and rotating objects and different weighted objects which block the players path to the finish. The goal is to reach the end as soon as possible and choose the best robot for the job, as some robots would be more suited to this challenge and perform better than others.



In terms of improvement, I definitely feel like it could use some more colour, so I might rework the textures at a later date because for now I'd like to move onto the 2 player battle mode.

Speaking of moving onto other modes, I have also started on concepting out a basic bot builder feature in response to feedback I received about it being a desirable part of the game to be included. I didn't originally plan for this feature to be in the game to start with, so it may be a challenge to implement something that works with what I have already, but I welcome it! I'm not going to aim for something completely inclusive and complex, I feel like keeping with my aims on the rest of this project, aiming for a builder similar to Robot Wars games where it is more modular based with different options would be doable for my skill level.

My Concept/Graybox in Unity3D

Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction
I will finish up the Gauntlet first, maybe publishing a playable build with it included, and then move onto starting the 2 player battle mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment