Saturday 29 October 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy!

So over the past week or so I have done work on not 1, or 2 but 3 projects of mine! Third year sure makes you be productive.

Firstly I have started developing a AR AI companion app for my Final Project. Inspired by the real life (and super expensive) robot companions you can buy, my aim is to create something similar using the magic of Augmented Reality! 

I've already got a prototype up and running with Vuforia for Unity, coded some basic variables and animations to go alongside them. I am using the Unity-chan asset as she is a high quality, fully rigged model that already comes with a boatload of animations, and being mecanim, I can add almost any other kind to her easily. She currently has differing Idle animations depending on her mood states, and will emote when you feed or complete a game with her! I am currently looking into text input registration for her as well, so you can ask her questions and talk to her, and later, hopefully this will change into speech to text interaction!



Secondly, I've spent about two days working on a little game for a little game jam we hosted at the university (a casual thing) with the theme of  Contrast! Its uploaded to itch.io and you can play it here! Its a simple platformer that uses the Contrast theme to express mood changes, and how things for someone with depression can seem or suddenly turn ill favourably.



Its a extremely simple game, and I decided on the art side of things being a main focus to get the theme across, everything is hand drawn and coloured by me. If you do check it out, well thanks for playing! I am currently also looking at getting D.va Dash to work on there and hosted too if possible!

Finally I did some more robot modelling this evening and created the angry bulldozer himself, the mighty Shunt! He has no wheels because I will be throwing him into the robot game for funsies and i am also currently working on that Gauntlet arena I mentioned, but finding it hard to find time in between university work to crack down on it, lest assured the interest is still highly there and I want to continue it!


I'll try and keep this updated with any future endeavours and updates on all of these current projects as they progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment