Saturday 12 November 2016

3...2...1...Activate!

The Robot Wars inspired game is FINALLY shaping up and after losing myself in development today, parts of it are starting to look rather pretty if I do say so myself!


For fun I made a rough version of the 2016 Robot Wars arena, complete with a fully textured prototype Hypnodisc to replace the boring grey box version I was using. I also threw in Shunt and got him working to wreck some destruction on some poor robo souls.


In terms of progress, I accidentally deleted the Canvas gameobject without realising... So I need to redo the HP bars and other minor text I had done. Shouldn't be too hard. in terms of gameplay, I also imported the first version of the old Gauntlet arena! I'll more than likely be adding a point system to it, so theres something to actually play, and would also like to do the Pinball Warrior stuff from Series 4+ just to give some more singleplayer-ability. I'd love to flesh out the arenas some more so they look like they're in studios or indoors, would be a good opportunity to practice with the lighting too. All the while making some more bots of course! I'm unsure whether to use more 'real' bots as I don't know what the effects of that are if they ever reaches a releasable stage, or mix in some of my own designs with some of my favourites.


Either way, I'll continue gray boxing for now, as uni work is definitely keeping me busy. More on that stuff as it develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment