Thursday 15 September 2016

D.va Dash Problems.

So D.va Dash no longer works.

I'm not sure when or how exactly this happened, but I believe it might have something to do with Google Drive itself. Upon accessing the games link either on mobile or PC, 1 of 2 things will happen.

1. You will get a Google 502 Server error with little information other than 'Please wait for this issue to fix itself.
2. The Construct loading screen will display with a red (instead of green) loading bar, and the game will not load at all.

Looking into the webpages HTML code through Chrome, it seems that the 502 error is persistent there as well, either displaying a black screen and saying loading failed, or in the case of the Construct loading screen, it reports that it is unable to get and load images. (A quick search into this I found unusable characters in the asset names might be the problem but after double checking my asset names, none use any abnormal characters at all.)


I don't know any HTML so its very hard for me even try and figure this out to fix this, so I tried a simple solution of re-uploading the game under a different folder in my Drive and making that accessible in the same way as the first upload (under a googledrive.com/host) and this time I don't even get a playable version of the game, I get a list of the game files.

Has Drive stopped the support of hosting HTML5? Or am I missing something stupid? Either way the game now can't be played and I either have to fix the hosting or find a way to convert the game to a standalone app.

No comments:

Post a Comment