Tuesday 16 August 2016

Mini Project: D.va Dash!

So, I picked up Overwatch recently. Yes I know, jumping on THAT bandwagon I see. Just between you and me, I personally preferred Battleborn in the beta stages, but Overwatch is really fun still and worth the pickup! Plus I can be a Korean girl in a battle mech, which can fly and explode and destroy EVERYONE! Whats not to like?  So inspired was I by this little mechanic of being able to pilot the mech but also hop out of it and blast things with a cute pink pistol I decided to make a quick and easy 2D sprite based game off of it!


Made using the Construct 2 engine ( a free 2D based engine) in some free time I had, D.va Dash is a simple infinite runner/platformer where you control D.va out of her mech, collecting Overwatch medals and avoiding deadly Junkrat RIP Tires! Nothing amazing just something you play on the pooper or to kill some time! Construct2 doesn't have many great export options for a free user (No standalone support, ew.) So I currently have a test build being hosted on Google Drive (HTML5) on the below link.

https://d5e4338a7152d35cf6a85a1be9b0bfccab08e145.googledrive.com/host/0B7BJ3arWr-thTlcwQWVidjVEZGc/

Please note this is a TEST BUILD. Not everything is finished, and while I plan to add touch support for mobile devices, there is currently no touch controls. Its also worth noting that this is my first attempt at a 2D sprite based game, with all hand drawn sprites and animations, so don't expect anything flashy.


I plan to hopefully get a more polished build out before returning to AntiGrav but we will see, this was just a fun little mini project done in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment