Tuesday 5 July 2016

I got the Ship Select function working!

Finally! After what I thought was going to be a seemingly simple (and embarrassingly it was) task eluding me for a couple of days, nagging on the back of my mind, unable to quite wrap my head around it I have successfully got both of the Ship and Track select functions working as intended. Selecting either the First or Second ship in the main menu will now load you with your selected ship in either Track 1 or Track 2!



Simple but hugely satisfying to have working, even if the code is a little bit hamfisted, I can always change that later to be more efficient, I'm just super happy to have my basic 0.2 functionality goals met which means I can move onto modelling Track 2, modelling Ship3 or maybe continue looking into AI. I'm not too hyped about coding my own AI from scratch as I don't want it to be completely rubbish but we will see! I'm unsure if 0.2 will have AI or not so I make no promises!

Theres still so much more I have in mind for this game now its starting to come along nicely, I think i will make a separate post for that soonish!

No comments:

Post a Comment